If your premises runs its hot water and heating from a commercial boiler, then it’s imperative that you service it regularly, at least once a year to ensure that it is functioning as effectively as possible. Some businesses might think that having a professional commercial boiler serviced will cost a lot of money, take many hours and disrupt your business – but that’s not the case at all.
Commercial boiler servicing is an affordable way to keep your boiler in tip-top condition, as breakdown repairs can be more expensive in the long run.
How long it will take to service your commercial boiler depends on a few factors, but in reality it only takes a little longer than a residential boiler. The average time to service your boiler on commercial premises like a school, college, hospital or office block is only around 90 minutes you’ll be pleased to know.
What’s more, it can be done after hours in most cases, so it will never affect the day-to-day running of your business. Here at Rowlen, we work around your schedule to service your commercial boiler at a time that is convenient for you.
What Does A Commercial Boiler Servicing Entail?
There are some key parts of a boiler that need to be checked by a professional boiler service, and the time it takes to service the boiler properly depends on which parts of the system need the most attention, and how long it has been since your last service.
A usual checklist of tests that need to be conducted on a commercial boiler service include:
- Checking the various mechanisms both internally and externally
- A visual check to ensure that the boiler itself, and the pipework are all in good order
- Looking at the flue to see if it is giving adequate ventilation to the system
- Any pipe corrosion or rusting of the components should be checked
Inside the system a variety of parts need to be examined, including:
- The boiler flame, spark and the burner itself
- The heat exchanger and water gauges
- All electrical connections and electrodes
- Rubber seals are in good working order
- The flue, condensate pipe and trap
- Pressure of gas and flow from outside
- Various safety mechanisms and boiler lockouts
- Cleaning all of the internal components for maximum efficiency
- Compliance check on the emissions as well as AQMD
Depending on the condition of your boiler and system as a whole, a commercial boiler service should only last around 60-90 minutes. If there is lots of grime and debris that needs to be cleaned out, and blockages taken care of, then it could take a little longer – especially if your system needs a power flush. If you have multiple pipes and radiators that all need to be checked too, then it’s likely to take around 90-120 minutes.
When you have your commercial boiler serviced, if your Gas Safe boiler engineer notices any parts that are not working properly or need replacing then that will need to be taken care of too, adding to the time taken. Some specialist parts may need to be ordered which can be fitted at a later date, but this shouldn’t take too long and will always be arranged at a time convenient for you, and all prices will be discussed before any work is taken care of.
Top Reasons To Service A Commercial Boiler
Servicing your boiler should be a fairly quick job and only take around one or two hours to complete at most, but the lasting effects of a boiler service should also be considered, even if you are without hot water for a short while. Just a handful of the benefits of getting your commercial boiler serviced include:
- A reduction in running costs
- Less costly repairs in future
- Enhances boiler longevity
- Reduced energy expenditure
- More comfortable workers and customers
- Safer, as carbon monoxide is monitored
- Maintains your boiler warranty
- Remain fully compliant with regulations
Here at Rowlen, we offer professional commercial boiler servicing for appliances of all types, including gas, oil and electric, as well as biofuel and LPG too. We are fully qualified and insured, and regularly work to service boilers in commercial settings such as leisure centres, hospitals, schools, office buildings and high-rise flats.
If you’d like to book a commercial boiler service, speak to the Rowlen team today and we can arrange a time that is convenient for you and give you an accurate estimate of how long it will take to service your commercial boiler.