Installing a new boiler in your home or commercial property is essential, but it can often be expensive and disruptive, which is why it’s vital you use the right company for the job. Here is our take on why it always pays to employ one of the best recommended boiler installers in your area.
Take Your Time
A new boiler tends to be an ‘emergency’ purchase, unless it’s part of a larger home update or renovation. You don’t replace your boiler because it doesn’t go with your décor anymore. The likelihood is your current boiler has broken down irreparably or it’s lost efficiency over time and is costing you extra money in running costs. So, time generally isn’t a luxury you have when making this decision. However, rushing your decision now could cost you time and money in the years to come.
It’s Not Just About the Boiler
Most people seem to think carefully about the actual boiler itself – which makes sense, it’s an expensive piece of kit.
Once you’ve weighed up the pros and cons of the Worcester Bosch, an Ideal or the Vaillant, you need to put as much energy into choosing the right installer for your boiler too.
Here are our top tips for finding and feeling great about your decision to work with recommended boiler installers who are perfect for your project:
- The right mix of skills. Installing boilers and heating systems requires a very special mix of skills. Not just a plumber, an electrician or a gas specialist – they are a combination of all three and are categorised as heating engineers. Your first task is to find a specialist, not a generalist. Afterall, an incorrectly installed boiler is potentially dangerous, so do your homework and make sure you work with a company or individual with the right skills.
- Shop around. It’s important to talk to as many potential suppliers as you can and get a range of quotes. We know it’s not just about the money, but a range of quotes and prices will give you a clear indication of what’s included and what kind of job they will do for you. Look out for hidden extras too. Remember you’re looking for value for money, not just the cheapest quote.
We suggest inviting your local recommended boiler installer to visit you in your home, take a look at your current system, and discuss your current and future heating and hot water requirements. They can also make recommendations about control options for your new system. This is your opportunity to ask questions and their opportunity to demonstrate their expertise, so ask away!
- Check qualifications and certifications. To work on gas appliances, boilers, and heating systems in the UK, your installer must have passed an industry recognised qualification such as an NVQ or Diploma and be registered on the Gas Safety Register, via a Gas Assessment Training (ACS) certification. Don’t be shy to ask for evidence of these if you wish – an appropriately qualified company will be more than happy to oblige.
- Ask around. Most people you know will have done some work on their home in the last few years and will be more than happy to share their success stories when asked. So, talk to friends and family and see who they would recommend for this type of work. A personal recommendation goes such a long way when it comes to connecting with and building trust with your installer.
Also, any trustworthy installer will be more than happy to let you have a chat with previous happy customers, so make the most of any opportunity to do this. You should also check reviews on sites such as Trustpilot and Checkatrade where you’ll find honest reviews about the boiler installation company.
- Protect your guarantee. Remember, most manufacturer guarantees are based upon the installation work being carried out by a reputable, registered tradesperson, so make sure you don’t cut corners, or your guarantee may be invalidated.
There you have it – our guide to finding the right recommended boiler installers for your job. Rowlen aims to tick all of the boxes when it comes to expert boiler installation, so give us a call today and see what we can do for you.